Saturday 10 May 2014

Dealing with long hair | My must have products

Anyone who has long hair knows, yes it may very well look pretty but it isn't always that easy to tame, like Miley my hair has gone out of control, I mean my hair manages to tangle and I could have literally only walked like 1cm how is that fair.

There are some steps you can take to make your hair stronger and less frizzy, my hair is no stranger to its friend bleach and colour and doesn't always appreciate just how much I love it.

It all starts in the shower a good shampoo and conditioner
I don't think you have to buy the most expensive product I just think you have to find the product that is right for you, whether that be 

TRESemmé or Bed head, or something so overpriced you could buy a new handbag.


My personal favourite is the urban antidotes shampoo and conditioner from Bed head
Shampoo: Buy here
Conditioner:Buy here


Not only does it lather up well it leaves your hair smelling great, my hair usually can get really dry when I shampoo it but this helps to nourish and replenish the hair. The conditioner is really rich and helps banish the tangles the day leaves behind.

Leave in conditioner
This will help to stop your hair getting dry, especially when in summer and it is really humid it helps keep the hair under control, and helps to fight the frizz, I like to put this on before I put on heat protectant so that it has time to sit in my hair whilst it is damp.



Heat protectant Tresemme This is really important in protecting your hair from heat, I try to leave my hair to dry naturally as much as I can to reduce the heat I put on it, but I love to curl and straighten my hair and this can really take its toll on your hair, leaving it looking dry and dull


Dumb blonde smoothing stuff is great for fighting frizz and flyways, which helps to give that perfect finish and can even make my hair look smooth, which has been hard task on many occasions.



The Wet Brush is one of my favourites I have some of the knottiest hair you'll ever see, I don't know how it happens, and when I was younger it would hurt so I would put off brushing it and it would make it even worse, but this makes the chore that much less painful I really do not know how it is designed but it works on both wet and dry hair. You can buy here You can also find it in Sally's beauty supply store


If you haven't heard of the Tangle Teezer then where have you been? available in both boots and superdrugs I get drawn in by the new colours all the time, I still really want the gold one it is so pretty and practical, it just like the wet brush helps to get rid of knots and reduces the time it would take with a regular brush not to mention the pain. Buy me here



Well Mason Pearson is definitely a pricey hairbrush but it helps to stimulate the scalp and this helps with growth and the brush is a good dressing brush which helps to add shine to the hair, it just oozes sophistication and would look great on any dressing table, it is just such a glamorous looking brush.



The Reincarnation mask from Bleach London is one of my new favourites it is specifically formulated for bleached and coloured hair. Since recently I have been using a lot of their other products recently and when this was in the 3 for 2 offer I took advantage of it since they didn't have the swamp spritz I had wanted at the time and I am glad I got it, minis are included in the bleaching and toning kits.




If you have long hair what do you use it to tame it and keep it knot free, which are your must have products, I'd be lost without my wet brush.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment