Saturday 26 April 2014

The Garden Kitchen | Easter picnic

  

Let us just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this looks, I could eat it all over again, it is making my mouth water just looking at it. The Garden Kitchen is located in Holden, Clitheroe. It is a bit out of the way but it is so peaceful and tranquil, the long winding country roads make it ever more the adventure. 

Here is the menu with what will come on the bench, you have to book in advance and pay a £5 deposit each, the easter weekend was very busy for them and we were super lucky to get a space, the atmosphere was warm and the staff were very inviting. The restaurant is located next to the Holden Clough Nursery where a variety of beautiful plants and shrubs are sold. We were a bit early so we bought some beautiful flowers for the garden at home. 




Here are some more pictures of the picnic, they come served on this adorable mini picnic bench, which is a delight for the eyes, it makes you feel like a little kid all over again, although the complementary Prosecco soon makes me grown up all over again, the variety of colours and adorable pots used to hold the cakes gives sense to the name The Garden Kitchen, the walls are adorned with garden tools and are securely attached, just had to check to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked by some shears.

Firstly I decided to indulge in the food as opposed to the cakes, it seemed like the sensible thing to do.
This is the mini goats cheese and spring onion quiche, I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of quiches so I was initially prepared to swap it for something else with my sister, but to my surprise I actually really liked it, I'd even say it was one of my favourites, it was just the right temperature nice and warm, just what was needed after the brisk breeze from outside. It had a lovely texture and was cooked to perfection.

Excuse the crumbs, food blogging is hard when there are an aray of foods to try, this was the shredded lamb shoulder and Redcurrent En Croute, once again this was another warm element of the picnic bench, this tantalised my tastebuds, the lamb was so soft, and practically melted away in my mouth, unfortunately there wasn't a lot of the redcurrent but it was still scrumptious none the less.


These were the selection of the duo of open sandwiches on Artisan bread, the bread was of a good consistency as wasn't too dry like I feared it may have been, I think this was wiltshire ham and garnished with some salad and mayonnaise.


Here is a view of all the scrumptious desserts, I want to eat them all over again, they just look extremely appetising.

I took a picture of the prosecco we had because it was so yummy, and I will be hopefully be buying a bottle or two in the future.



Another of the sandwiches was cheese and pickle and the cheese was amongst some of the best I have ever tasted, I was thoroughly impressed, even better you can buy quite a bit of their produce in their little shop, so clearly we purchased some cheese, and will be trying to recreate this at home.


The toasted hot cross bun was lovely, would have been nice if it had came with a little butter, I'm sure if I would have asked I would have been able to but like I have said it was so busy. 

Doughnut was a little too doughy but there was enough choice in everything else that it didn't bother me too much.
The fresh scone was a little dry and I'm putting it down to the fact it was so busy so a lot of prep will have to have been done in advance, but the cream and raspberry jam were so yummy I could've just ate them alone and would have been more than happy.


The orange juice was a refreshing accompaniment to the sandwiches, although I also opted to get some water so that I wasn't over-run with all things sweet. 



Chocolate Mousse 
Here is the chocolate mousse, it was very sweet a little too sweet for me after eating so much, but definitely delicious, I think I started to get a sugar rush from all the sweet treats. 


Sadly I was too full to eat this shortbread but my sister ate hers and was very happy, I hadn't expected it to be quite as filling as it was but it definitely made me realise my eyes are bigger than my belly when it comes to food.


They had the cutest little glasses for the orange juice and fell in love, was delighted to find out that you could in fact purchase them from their shop. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be using them for though, I just couldn't bare to leave them behind in all honesty. 

ALL GONE
I may have had to roll home at this point but it was completely worth it, would definitely recommend to anyone who want to treat themselves, it isn't the cheapest but you definitely pay for the quality with most of the products being locally sourced. 

If you would like to know more here is their site:

Find them on Facebook, where they show the special edition benches:

You can also follow me on Bloglovin:



No comments:

Post a Comment