Thursday 17 April 2014

Estée Lauder Haul


I have heard a lot of great things about Estée Lauder in particular their double wear foundation, which I had heard endless good things about, particularly for someone like me who has a lot of redness in their skin and often has breakouts, I wanted something that was better for my skin, I have tried endless amounts of brands and I always start happy but after a while I tend to fall out of love with the product.

I really want to like this product since I have heard such good stuff about it, if it doesn't work for me I do not know what I will try next, I'm not fussy I have loved both high end and drugstore. I am looking for the one that works best for me, I have combination skin and get most of my breakouts on my chin, it is beyond frustrating, it seems no matter what I do it doesn't clear up, I'm in definite need of a holiday, so the sun can do its work.

I initially only went into buy a foundation and possibly a concealer but ended up leaving with a lot more than I had intended on purchasing, I do not doubt that they will last quite some time particularly the powder and the serum, but whenever you buy a lot at once it always seems so much worse.  

The woman was lovely admittedly but I just hate when they try to oversell the things to me, let the product speak for itself, I'd rather not be sold something I don't want like the whole skin care range, I like variety and buying a lot from one company just doesn't work for me, unless the product is so amazing that I cannot live without it.


Although I did like the way it was packaged because when I got home I felt like it was christmas, what person doesn't love unwrapping things, I swear I think some people actually have an addiction to this, particularly the sound it makes when you first rip it.

This is the pressed powder, I have tried both loose and pressed in the past and pressed is just so much easier and a lot cleaner because there is little to no fall out from the brush, as a lover of wearing black clothes it was never pretty when I spilt half the contents of it down me, it always meant outfit change.
The packaging is very luxe and definitely drew me in a bit more, what can I say I'm a sucker for packaging, when something is pretty it makes me want it even more.
It's very much about creating something desirable and Estée Lauder have succeeded in delivering a beautiful finish.

Double wear powder in Cool bone


The shade I got was in cool bone to match the foundation, as using a different brand I felt it may ruin the aesthetic of the foundation and didn't want it to look cakey or orange. I wanted it to look as natural as possible since I have a fairly light skin tone sometimes particularly drug store foundations and powder have peachy orange tones to some of the lighter colours or even worse do not have a shade that would be compatible with my skin tone. 
In the shade cool bone:

This is a high coverage foundation is perfect for my troublesome skin it helps to give a much more even skin tone, it claims to be durable and to stay in place throughout the day, I agree to a certain extent, although it tends to move slightly around my nose because of dry skin, but seems to stay well on the rest of my skin. My main drawback is that it doesn't have a pump so I either get too much coming out or none at all, I know I could very easily buy a pump but it would just be a nice touch to have one already that matches nicely with the rest of the bottle.
 In the shade cool bone:

The Double wear foundation in cool bone 



This is the double wear concealer and I am not entirely too sure how I feel about this, I have been applying it with a brush so maybe that is why it doesn't feel as creamy as I would have liked it to, I think maybe using my hands the body heat would help it to be more transferable and overall give a better finish.

It is incredibly hard to get a picture of it with the true colour, I assure you it is not this dark and is suitable for my skin tone.
Double wear concealer  (1N extra light)



This product is the idealist and it is a serum that is used to improve the overall appearance of the skin I wasn't entirely sure how to describe it but under the product information on the Debenhams site it described it as this "This fast-acting serum is proven to significantly reduce the look of blotchiness, past blemish marks and discolorations. Instantly, skin looks fresh and radiant. 79% of women saw an improvement in the look of uneven skintone. Skin looks noticeably clearer, brighter and more even-toned. Oil-free formula is proven gentle and effective for all ethnicities."
I agree that it goes a sort of radiant fresher looking complexion which is a great start before applying makeup because you will probably find yourself using much less makeup.

Idealist even skin tone illuminator Can be bought here

I definitely recommend when purchasing foundations to get it matched properly, they offer a great service, and allow you to return your product for up to 30 days at Debenhams counter if the product isn't working for you so you don't have much to lose if it isn't suitable.

One thing I would say with them being a bit on the pricey side go somewhere like Debenhams or Boots so that you can get some loyalty points and that will hopefully make your next purchase a bit more affordable.

If any of you use these products let me know what you think of them in the comments below, I love hearing how different people use the products in a different way.


Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin here 








2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, it all looks fab!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to fall even more in love with the make-up got a feeling I'll definitely be repurchasing :-)

      Delete