Sunday 6 April 2014

First Impressions: Essie Magnetic effect nail polish | Snakeskin

Admittedly I got these from TK maxx and only paid £6.99 but I’ve always had high expectations for Essie but on this occasion I was let down and I think it has put me off buying other Essie effect nail polishes, I cannot fault the regular ones they have great colour pay off  and last for a long time without chipping and that is why I thought these would be just as good.

 

I don’t know whether it was just because I bought them from TK maxx but it was not very clear from the offset what I had to do to get them to work, I hadn’t seen any reviews on them prior to the purchase, but was feeling optimistic and was really looking forward to trying them out when I got home.



Here you can see the top of the nail polish the magnet that is meant to transfer this snake like print onto the nail

I do not know which colour is which but I believe them to be 
Snake, Rattle And Roll and Lil Boa Peep




Although the effect didn't work for me I do however still like the colour, so it isn't all doom and gloom. I think from what I have read the colours I got which I'm not sure which they are because the did not have the labels on them, that these colours did not work as well as some of the others they brought out. I really wanted to love them and for them to work 



I read up on several tips like:
·      Shake well before use because the magnetic particles can often end up at the bottom
·      Lots said not to use a base coat because it can interfere with the product
·      Also there was a lot of differing opinions on whether to leave it to dry or to do it quickly because it dries fast, I tried multiple techniques to no avail with both colours




If it had worked this is how it should've worked. I love the idea of it I just think a lot more could have been done to ensure it work properly.







The top removes from the bottle and you're to place it over the nail, from what I've read 20 seconds is a good amount of time, I found doing it whilst watching TV was good because then it didn't seem as long.

I got it to work once but due to the magnet size the design didn't go all over the nail, unfortunately I do not have a picture of when it did actually work, which isn't very clever of me I know.

Have any of you tried these if you have let me know how they worked out for you? I'm not going to give up I am determined to get it to work, maybe I just need to shake them more and hopefully then I will got more of the magnetic particles.


Whilst writing this post I found this in google images so I will definitely be giving it another go, and if it goes will I will do a post on tips and tricks of how to get the best of the effect.



Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow you can now follow me on Bloglovin too, just click on the button in the right hand corner. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello there lovely.

    Love your blog, i have nominated you for an award - check out my blog xo

    ReplyDelete